A little international beef in the South China sea. Chinese fishing vessels looking to stock up on some illegally harvested seafood before Filipino Warships rolled up none to pleased. However the Chinese fisherman managed to be on some fuck your life type shit and left with their haul.
(AlJazeera) Talks between the Philippines and China over a fishing dispute in the South China Sea remain deadlocked despite an apparent end to a standoff between Chinese fishing boats and Philippine naval vessels, according to the Philippine government.
Albert del Rosario, the Philippine foreign secretary, said eight Chinese fishing vessels that sparked the incident had left waters near the islands of Scarborough Shoal on Friday as negotiations were continuing.
Del Rosario said in a statement that he only learned of the departure of the Chinese boats while meeting Chinese ambassador Ma Keqing on the dispute. He said the Chinese boats had taken their catches with them, despite Philippine efforts to claim the haul.
“The Chinese fishing vessels had left the lagoon, a development which we had been working towards except for our not being able to confiscate their illegal harvest … which was regrettable,” said Del Rosario in a statement.
“The meeting with Ambassador Ma last night resulted in a stalemate as we had demanded of one another that the other nation’s ship be first to leave the area,” he added.
The Philippine military said a coast guard vessel remained at Scarborough Shoal, about 230 kilometres west of the country’s main island of Luzon, monitoring a Chinese marine vessel which was still stationed in the area.